Our partners utilize technologies, like cookies, and gather data to personalise the information and advertisements and to supply you with the ideal experience.
Please let us know if you agree.
After finishing third in phase five, italian Matteo Trentin regained the lead of the Tour of Britain.
The 174.1km stage, which started and finished in Birkenhead with the road taking the riders throughout Cheshire, was obtained by Dutch rider Dylan Groenewegen.
Groenewegen, racing for Team Jumbo-Visma, completed in the same time as Trentin and Britain’s Matt Walls.
Trentin retains a lead over Dutch cyclist Mathieu van der Poel.
Thirty-year-old Trentin today holds a three-second benefit and had been high but fell behind Van der Poel following the phase before reclaiming spot each day later.
The sixth of eight stages takes place on Thursday and has been a 14.4km individual time trial in Pershore, Worcestershire.
Groenewegen’s success on point five had been his third in five days of their contest after also winning stage one from Glasgow to Kirkcudbright on Saturday and point three from Berwick even though he sits 61st.
Together with three phases there are three riders in the top 20. Ben Swift out of Team Ineos is first time, Matthew Holmes of Madison Genesis is 15th using Swiftcarbon Professional Cycling’s James Shaw in 19th.
1. Dylan Groenewegen (Ned/Team Jumbo-Visma) 3hrs 57mins 31secs
2. Matt Walls (GB/Great Britain Cycling Team) same time
3. Matteo Trentin (Ita/Mitchelton-Scott)
4. Cees Bol (Ned/Team Sunweb)
5. Davide Cimolai (Ita/Israel Cycling Academy)
1. Matteo Trentin (Ita/Mitchelton-Scott) 21hrs 33mins 55secs
2. Mathieu Van der Poel (Ned/Corendon-Circus) + 3 secs
3. Jasper de Buyst (Bel/Lotto-Soudal) + 10 secs
4. Simon Clarke (Aus/EF Education First) + 17 secs
5. Mike Teunissen (Ned/Team Jumbo-Visma) + 18 secs
6. Ben Swift (GB/Team Ineos) + 22 secs
Is your billionaire philanthropist at the heart of a worldwide conspiracy?
Road, trail, BMX, mountain and more – there are many ways and motives to begin cycling.
Got a cycling race? Ensure to take advantage of your warm up with this 20-minute guide.
Read more here: http://www.osvaldonery.com/?p=27082